"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Minus TEN Pounds [Again]!!

Note:  I've been trying to upload a video I made after my post-Thanksgiving weigh-in, but I'm having issues and I'm impatient.  So, I'll preface this post by sharing I DID NOT gain one ounce during Thanksgiving.  I stepped on the scale to see a happy exact same weight as the week before.  It was thrilling to know I could celebrate a holiday, eating whatever I wanted in moderation, and maintain.  *super contented sigh*

Now...on to today's news:

My honest journey on the scale this year.

This has been my journey since going back to Weight Watchers last spring.  I lost steadily at first, hitting 10 pounds lost around Memorial Day weekend and then I started gaining again.  Within 2 months I had gained back all but about 1.5 pounds of what I had lost.  

It was frustrating, but I was in the middle of moving my daughters to college, so I gave a half-hearted attempt and tried not to let it bother me.  

After they were moved and settled, and we moved in August, I decided I was in a good place to focus on my health again.  

My first goal was to lose those 10 pounds again. 

Well, here I am ... as of today 191.6 -- down -10.2 from my 2016 highest weight.  

Woo Hoo!!

At 202.8 my clothes were really starting to feel tight;  and these were my newly purchased size 16w. Ugh. Now they are fitting better.  Nothing is really loose, but I don't feel as squished in them.

Reaching my first goal of losing these 10 pounds [for the 2nd time this year] gives me hope and motivation to keep going.   Glory!

4 comments:

  1. Great job! This is a busy time of year and it is so hard to make healthy choices. Keep up the good work! Staying strong the majority of the time during the holiday season makes it so much easier to get back on track! You are doing so good! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Not gaining this time of year is a big success in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going. Onward!!! Here's to choosing real food for the real win.

    ReplyDelete