"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

"So, Why did you come today?"

Mondays are my weigh-in days and a few upsets from the week prior, both with food situations and emotions, had me a bit of a mess as I had my morning coffee and prepared myself for my meeting. 

It was one of those times I really wanted to call someone who is following Weight Watchers and just pour out my heart.  I do have a best friend who I joke is my health therapist, but I didn't want to  bother her.  I finally sat myself down and said, "If the scale is up, then so be it.  It's one week and you can learn from this and move on." 

When I walked into Weight Watchers my [fairly new] leader asked how I was and, glancing around and noticing no one was in earshot, I told her in a few short sentences how my week was a bit of a mess and I had the overwhelming fear-filled thoughts of "I'm never going to get this weight off again.." come back to haunt me Saturday night.

She simply replied, "So, why are you here?" 

I half smiled and said, "Because I'm not quitting." 

She smiled gently and encouraged me in my train of thought.  

I went on to weigh in and was pleasantly surprised to see I was down 0.8 of a pound.  So, I went back and exclaimed to her that apparently I had done something right.*  

To which she exclaimed, "Aren't you glad you came?!?" 

Yes.  Yes, I was.  Weight Watchers meetings for me are a therapy of sorts.  They are my Monday morning time to focus on what I'm doing and how to do it better.  They allow me to share my victories and failures and know that I'm not alone. 

I didn't need this physical contact when I originally lost my weight, but right now I do.

Between her encouragement and your comments on how to plan for Thanksgiving --and losing almost a full pound (let's be real..losing weight is encouraging. lol)  --  I'm encouraged that I can do this again.  

Actually, that I am doing this.  

And if I can, so can you!  Hang in there and just cling with me to that spark of "I'm not quitting.", because that is what is going to get us through to the end.  



*Note:  "...done something right." leads my thoughts to my ongoing beef with points vs. intuitive eating, but I'll share more on that later.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the reasons I love going to meetings. It isn't so much the food plan. But, going to the meetings helps me to get support, to be accountable, and to keep my head focused on what I am wanting to do in terms of weight loss/maintenance.

    ReplyDelete