"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, November 28, 2016

Not Worried Re: Post-Thanksgiving Scale

I'm doing something a bit different today and blogging before I get on the scale at Weight Watchers today.  Here's why... That number may reflect some extra food I consumed, but that higher number not define how I enjoyed this past week, nor how I feel about the future of my weight loss journey. 

That number may or may not tell how I enjoyed a turkey dinner full of things I don't normally eat, but only one plate full. 

It will not tell how much fun I had eating my warm apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream while watching "It's a Wonderful Life" with my family Thanksgiving night. 
It may or may not tell how I enjoyed a walk with my kids between dinner and our movie, and we giggled and laughed when they got crazy taking selfies.  

It may or may not tell how I decided to get an egg white sandwich with my non-fat flat white instead of a bagel and sweetened cream cheese. 

It may or may not tell how I enjoyed my one glass of egg nog while we decorated our Christmas tree Saturday, because that is our tradition.  

And, most importantly, if that number is up it will only show that I had a few extra things I don't normally eat, but it is not a definition of how my journey will end up.  
Today I am back on plan, and I'm pretty sure my body is ready for less greasy foods as well.  :)  Funny how that happens.  

Now I'm off to finish getting ready for my day and playing my favorite Pandora channel - Hipster Holidays.  

1 comment:

  1. It is funny how your body wants to get back to its normal routine, isn't it? I never used to crave veggies LOL

    ReplyDelete