"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Healthy Holidays Challenge - Week 3

Many thoughts have been going through my mind this week with regards to weight loss, but first let me get this update done for you.  I'm going to post separately about a couple sentences that threw me for an emotional loop earlier in the week...and how I was able to get some good from it after all. 

This was my week for the challenge to go a little rougher...
  1. I will exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes, 4-5 days a week.  Done.  And yesterday I had a great workout wherein I felt more hopeful about this journey than I have in a very long time.  I was all motivated all by myself.  :D
  2. I will track my food at least 6 days a week.  Um... no.  I think I tracked 100% of only 4 days.  Last weekend was our weekend at the State Fair and the football game (which we won -- Woo Hoo!!) and I was already in negative points for the week.  So, I didn't track all weekend and can't remember if I tracked Monday or not.  My weigh-in is Monday morning, so since I was in the negative by Saturday morning I decided not to take the time to track every bite I ate at the fair.  Had I actually left some points for the weekend I would've just to see where I ended up, but by that morning I didn't care to worry about it anymore.  
  3. I will drink at least 32 ounces of pure water a day.  Only part of the time.  I drink a lot of liquid, but earlier in the week I found myself having more diet soda than actual water.  Seeing as how it was TOM I wasn't too worried about it, and I've been right back on track as the week came to a close. 
  4. I will enjoy the holidays, but not forget my new ending in life includes making the best choice for ME -- whether that's having something in moderation or saying no.  Done.  I was up 2 lbs at my weigh-in Monday morning.  I know I blew it big time the week before and when I realized my cycle was starting it explained all the extra crazy cravings and subsequent eating.  However, even though I didn't save extra points up for the State Fair, like I'd hoped to, I went ahead and enjoyed myself.  
I shared everything I had and did not eat to stuffed.  I was pleasantly satisfied when we made our way home that evening and enjoyed myself immensely.  This is the "best choice for me" that I needed to make and not feel badly about.   And I'm pleased with it.  

This challenge continues to inspire me to do better and I'm grateful to all the ladies that check in weekly on Instagram and for you, Suz, in Virginia, for coming on here to check in.  I look forward to seeing how your week is going.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had a rough start to the week but it sounds like you finished strong, which is great! My check in: got in my workouts plus some extra. Looking good for being down a pound come November. And now I do have the dreaded Halloween candy in my house. It is bagged up in the basement so hopefully out of sight, out of mind!

    Suz, Northern Virginia

    ReplyDelete