"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I Choose Better

Cute bowl make everything taste better!
We have a new leader at my Weight Watcher meetings and I'm falling in leader love.  She's ultra peppy and motivating, she has lost weight two times and understands the struggle not only to lose, but to maintain, and most importantly... she believes in us.

As she discussed the weekly meeting subject of optimism I leaned over to my WW friend and commented, "She makes me think I can do this.  (old leader) made me feel okay for not doing so great, because she understood life struggles, but this lady makes me want to try harder." 


Later when I realized I have now lost the 4 pounds I gained during my trip to Arizona I was even more inspired that I can indeed get back on track.  

In fact, I found myself eating my grapes as a snack as I prepared lunch (and was starving!! the quick sugar was helpful I'm sure...)

But then today a food challenge of sorts hit me.  Nothing serious, but I knew what I had to do.

Lunchtime came and I had to decide between a bagel and cream cheese and a bowl of lower fat cottage cheese with toast broken in to it (it looks messy, but it's one of my favorites!!) I chose the cottage cheese mix.  

Can I have the bagel?  Yes.  I have room in my calorie/points budget for it, but it would've taken a great chunk out of my day.  

Do I really need a bagel?  No.  That's a lot of carbs for someone who isn't doing heavy cardio right now and my body, my blood sugar is what came to mind actually, will feel better having the cheese and toast. 

So, I chose the better. 

And for the first time in a long time I was proud of my choice.  Not because I haven't made some good choices recently, but because I told myself no to something I actually wanted to have but wasn't the best choice for me.  

And that better choice felt so good. 

It was a glimpse into what used to be my "new normal", and it gave me hope that I will be there again. [insert contented sigh] :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Funny I read this after I had a bagel for breakfast :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I was thinking of you as I wrote this post. 😄 I think they will be fine in maintenance, but just not right now. At least not today.

      Delete