"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, June 20, 2016

Quitters Who Won't Quit

First the business side of things....

The scale was up today;  just a little and completely expected.  How about we talk more about my weight at the end of the month?  The good news is I'm not up as much as my highest weight in May and I'm content with that. 

Our company is gone and I'm feeling ready to get back to work on my health.  I'm also noting the fact I have a hard time losing weight around other people or major events and I'll work on that.  Promise. 
Refreshingly cold watermelon balls my daughter served us
today after we returned from the gym.
As for the actual life happenings lately ...

Today I drove home from my Weight Watchers meeting thinking how much I'm coming to love this group of ladies (though I sometimes feel bad for the new people, because there's a handful of us who can take over the conversation if allowed - LOL!!) But this group is honest and forthright and well, it's therapeutic to talk about weight concerns with women who understand. 

Today we discussed our "kudos" and then jumped into rehashing the "loving yourself" topic.  

At one point a member commented about how she wanted to quit and another chimed in almost immediately with how glad she was the prior woman mentioned quitting because it was all she could do to make herself return to "class" as she calls it after a vacation gain she'd recently experienced. 

We laughed to ourselves in the back row when she leaned over to me and whispered, "We sound like a bunch of quitters."  Afterwards, as I chatted with my two WW friends, I said, "Yep!  We are the quitters who won't quit!" 

And, to me, folks THAT is why we will succeed.  

At least, it's why we CAN succeed.  

Because we refuse to give up and give in to the lie of "once overweight always overweight". 

Is it harder for us to care for our health than some?  Probably.

Do we wish we could eat whatever we want and be thin?  Usually.

But are we going to throw in the towel and let our bodies go to hell just because we're frustrated and overwhelmed sometimes by the needs we must meet to be healthy?  No.

Almost every woman in that room raised her hand when the instructor asked who had ever failed at a prior attempt at weight loss, and that was so reassuring to each of us.  And it made me proud of every one of them, because like me they will not give up trying.  

Maybe I'll make a t-shirt .... Kidding. 
 

Have a good week everyone!  Here's to getting back up just one more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment